The Hearing Aid Discussion
- The Doctor will help you set realistic goals for recovering as much of your hearing as possible. Establishing realistic goals is a critical part of managing your best recovery.
- The consultation covers hearing aid styles, technology levels, lifestyle considerations, cost and payment options, trial periods, warranties, and post-fitting services.
- Aural rehabilitation will be discussed as part of your overall treatment strategy. More information on our aural rehabilitation program can be found here.
- Realistic goals and your decision to move forward with hearing aids will allow Dr. Li-Korotky to improve your hearing and communication skills to the best of your ability.
- At the conclusion of this visit, you will receive a folder containing your comprehensive Audiological Report.
The Treatment Process
Depending on the type and severity of your hearing loss, there are a variety of treatment strategies, including medical, surgical, and hearing aids. Treatment may also require multiple approaches, depending on the mix of conditions contributing to your hearing loss.
Treatment isn’t a snapshot in time…it’s a process that occurs over as much time as it takes to give you a satisfying experience. Hearing amplification strategies includes the following:
- A demonstration of modern digital hearing aids, utilizing a simulated sound field to show you what you can expect from hearing aid enhancement. The simulated sound field can also be used to help a companion understand how you experience the world.
- Selection of the best hearing aid style for your particular hearing loss, based on your lifestyle and financial situation.
- Hearing Aid fitting and programming, using live speech mapping to ensure the best long-term results.
- Post-fitting Aural rehabilitation, training, and hearing aid fine-tuning.
Click below for the previous or next topic:
We will work with you to find the final piece of the puzzle on your road to better hearing…from testing, to planning, to hearing aid fitting and programming, to post-fitting counseling and rehabilitation. Learn more, here
Our goal is to help you balance the scale. The Doctor will work with you to determine the best hearing aid style and features for your particular hearing loss, lifestyle, dexterity, and financial goals. Learn more, here